Friday, January 15, 2010

ABSURD REVIEW, CDF INTRO, ASYLUM OF SATAN

As I mentioned earlier, here's the intro I did for my section of Paper Machete zine, and a review for the movie ABSURD. All graphics by me, click on the images for a bigger version.





Watched this one last night. For me, the quality of William Girdler movies is up there with Al Adamson, Ted V. Mikels, and even HG lewis. These movies are a raw glimpse into America during the 60's and heavy 70's. Accidentally stylistic and as unhomoginized as it got back then. The only thing that upset me about Asylum Of Satan was that the "love interest" from Three On A Meathook plays the blind chick in this movie. Her acting makes me want to hammer a nail into my hand, and that's saying something coming from me. Anyways, awesome movie.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this was recently released as "Horrible"... I have yet to see/buy it. Anthropophagus was great. The Andreas Schnaas version was awesome!!
    -craigore -I-

    ReplyDelete